– Jesse Eisenberg has been cast to play Lex Luthor in the upcoming Batman vs. Superman movie. Eisenberg received an Academy Award, Golden Globe, Screen Actors Guild Award and BAFTA Award nomination for his role as Mark Zuckerberg in The Social Network, so we know he can act. It will be interesting to see how he takes on this notorious villain. Jeremy Irons has also been cast. He will be playing Bruce Wayne’s butler, Alfred.
– Empire Magazine released 25 variant covers this week, each showing a different main character from the upcoming X-Men movie; Days of Future Past. Fan’s were querying why Rogue was on one of the covers, due to her scene having been cut. Director Singer explained “It was one real sequence in the movie, we felt like it was taking tension out of the main story drive. It does not mean that we won’t see her in the film”. This sounds like we will be seeing her after all, even if it’s just for a cameo.
– Emma Stone gave us a few ideas about what to expect in the upcoming Amazing Spider-man movie. “I think the intention the whole time has been to tell Gwen’s story as closely to the comic as possible. That’s been the director’s idea and the studio’s idea. We’ll see if that comes to fruition.” If you’re a fan of the comics, you’ll know the Gwen gets killed by the Green Goblin. I’m looking forward to seeing whether this plot will be used in the movie.
– Peter Capaldi’s Twelfth Doctor has a brand new outfit for the next series of Doctor Who. He will be sporting a dark blue Crombie coat with red lining, dark blue trousers, a white shirt as well as black Dr. Marten shoes.
– X-Men producer Lauren Schuler Donner is in talks with the studio about producing a Gambit movie, and she already knows who she wants to play the New Orleans thief; Channing Tatum. Gambit has previously appeared within the X-Men franchise, in X-Men Origins: Wolverine.