– Jon Favreau, Director of Iron Man, is creating a live-action remake of the 1967 Disney animated movie; The Jungle Book.. and Idris Elba will be playing Shere Khan. The movie, based on the Rudyard Kipling Novel, is about a boy named Mowgli who is raised by animals in an Indian jungle. Most of the animals in Favreau’s live action version will be computer generated, including the villainous tiger, Khan.
– All six seasons of the critically acclaimed show; Star Wars: The Clone Wars, are now streaming on Netflix. The feature film adaption of the series was also added, along with director’s cuts of all the episodes. This marks the first time that any Star Wars content has been added to Netflix. Let’s hope more continues to be added.
– Sam Raimi will be creating a live-action adaption of the video game; The Last of Us. The script will come from Neil Druckmann who is the creative director for the game. The storyline will follow playable characters Joel and Ellie on their journey through a post-apocalyptic world.
– The Gotham TV Series has cast two more actors for the upcoming show; David Mazouz as Bruce Wayne, and Camren Bicondova as Selina Kyle. As you all know, Bruce Wayne eventually becomes Batman, and Selina Kyle will become Catwoman, but this show focuses on the origins of the characters, before they turn into the heroes and villains we recognise.
– NASA is planning a mission to Jupiter’s icy moon; Europa. They announced that $15 million will be going into the expedition, which plans to make detailed observations from orbit, and possibly sample the moons interior oceans. Details are currently sparse, but it has been noted that it could be launched in 2025. Europa is one of the best candidates in the Solar System, for hosting alien life. It’s massive subsurface ocean contains almost twice as much water as found on Earth, and is kept liquid due to the gravitational forces exerted by Jupiter.